Thursday, November 16, 2017

Apple, Banana Choco smoothie

It was one of those rushed afternoons when I had to make something my picky daughter would have without too much of a fuss before heading to school.

I tried to make it healthy by adding some good quality fats and a  organic protein powder.

Ingredients:
Fruits:
Banana-1
Apple-1

Protein:
1 heaped scoop of Organic Chocolate protein powder

Fats:
Nature's way Organic Coconut oil-1  tbsp.
The saturated fat in coconut oil is actually proven to help with cholesterol issues.
Ground flax seeds-1 tbsp (Great source of anti inflammatory Omega-3 fats)

Liquid Base:
Homemade Oats MIlk-1 cup ( I will post the recipe for this milk soon).
Regular milk makes a great base for smoothies as well. My kids have sensitivities to the A1 casein protein in cow's milk. So, I always used seed and other plant based milks as my smoothie base.

Preparation:

In a Vitamix blender, add all the ingredients and blend until smooth.

Serve chilled. It is absolutely refreshing even otherwise.

Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pudalangai Stir fry

  Pudalangai stir fry The humble Pudalangai, or snake gourd, as it is called, is a nutrient powerhouse of key vitamins and minerals.It is a ...